Tuesday 30 July 2013

Paint pants.

While we are in the middle of our big move, I decided I needed a day for house work and maybe some furniture painting.  But who was I kidding?!

Once I start painting, there is no turning back, so the house work was sadly sacrificed to fulfill my creative need.

Why the title Paint pants?  Well, when we started painting our new store, our girls got me this white cover all.               First thing I did, was cutting the legs shorter.  (of course used plain scissors so I looked more like a pirate than a professional painter.  Any way, the white coverall is covered in paint as it is supposed to be, BUT my pants had already paint on them as well.

So, I dedicated my pants to the world of painting !! 

What kind of a painter am I? (don't ask my husband because he will definitely exaggerate!)
   But I have to admit, I am a messy enthusiastic committed painter.  
Wasting time with taping off, putting plastic under the project and all those time consuming preparations are nothing for me.  

And here we found CHALK PAINT AND MILK PAINT.  
Two wonderful paints that allow all these enthusiastic creative minds to start a project without sanding. An enormous world of opportunities has opened up.

As many among us like finding treasures at garage sales, we certainly admit to be part of that group.

A simple cupboard will turn into a beautiful colored asset to our store.  The nice part here is that we could start painting right away.   The after picture will follow in our next blog.

But we take on any challenge.  These boots we found at another garage sale.  The lady who sold them to us said they belonged to her husband who passed away.
Well, I hope that when he looks down from heaven, he will think "Dang, those are some good looking boots"
We will post the "after" picture in our next blog

Meanwhile somewhere in Barrhead,

A maze of metal pipes has been put up.  
Pretty soon it will all be clear for every one.  
The foundation of De Herdt Gardens has been put down.

And as we are building, painting, moving, cleaning up, we say a quick thank you to Sylvia, who keeps running the "old" location, so we can build on the "new" one.

WE'LL BE BACK !!



No comments:

Post a Comment